We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Rocksolid Granit (Europe) Ltd (“GT”) and Trend GB Ltd (“Trend”) (together referred to as “us”/ “our”/ “we”) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
References to “we” or “us” in this privacy notice are also made in respect of the network of franchisees who operate under the Granite Transformations and Trend Transformations brands. We may need to share your personal information between us so that we can provide our services to you, but we will ensure that your information is only shared between the parties who need to know it and is never generally available within the network.
What personal information do we gather from you?
We gather personal information such as your name, telephone number, email address, postal address, payment details and any other information that you provide voluntarily when you contact us by e-mail, by phone or complete any on-line forms.
We may process data about your use of our website and services. This usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. This data does not identify an individual but collects information on user’s browsing behaviour and patterns. The source of the usage data is an automated tracking system called Google Analytics and this usage data may be processed for the business purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
Reasons we use the personal information that we gather from you
We need to collect and use your personal information to provide our services to you, to refer you to the most appropriate local store to deal with your order or enquiry, or where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so. More details about these reasons are set out below.
We will only collect, record, process and/or store your personal information which is needed:
- to improve our products and services or otherwise fulfil our contractual obligations towards you
- to serve our legitimate business interests, such as administration, including internal record keeping, credit assessment, marketing or to comply with legal requirements;
- in order that our representatives may, by e-mail, telephone or ordinary mail, proactively follow up your enquires about our products and services as part of our customer care procedures and/or reply to your submitted questions, enquiries and requirements that you may have;
- in order that we may periodically send you promotional information about our products and/or services, marketing information and news that we consider may be of interest to you (for example relating to our new product or service offerings or improvements or special offers or other promotions and offers) by e-mail or other electronic communication with your prior consent .
We may also use aggregated anonymised personal information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring use of our website in order to help us develop it and our service and may provide such aggregated anonymised personal information to third parties.
If we record or monitor telephone calls to and from any customers for staff training and quality control purposes we will first inform you that such recording and monitoring is taking place.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
Sharing of personal information
We may need to transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Some countries where other facilities are situated may have data protection legislation or laws which are less rigorous than the legislation introduced by the member states of the European Union and the EEA. Accordingly, in the event that we need to transfer your personal information outside of the EEA we will use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, normally in form of binding contractual undertakings in order to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in these countries as within the European Economic Area.
We may also disclose personal information as required by law, court order or regulation.
Save for that stated above, we do not transfer, share or disclose personal information we have collected from you to third parties outside the GT network.
If in the future a third party organisation acquires us or substantially all of our assets including without limitation our database(s), (whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise), your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of your personal information
The internet is not a secure medium and we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your personal information that you provide to us over the internet. We will however use all reasonable efforts to protect the information you provide to us.
We will only provide access to your personal information to those people who we consider need such access in order to carry out your requests or our contractual obligations to you.
We have taken appropriate steps to ensure the security of personal information whether it is stored in computer systems, paper files or other storage media.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights: Accessing, updating and retention of personal information
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
- Access: The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information
- Rectification: The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
- To be forgotten: The right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations
- Restriction of processing: The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, eg if you contest the accuracy of the data
- Data portability: The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
- Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making: The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
- To object:
The right to object:
—at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
—in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, eg processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- [complete a data subject request form—available on our website at [insert link]; or
- email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer – see below: ‘How to contact us’; and
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg your full name, address and customer or matter reference number);
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
Links to third party websites
If we publish any changes we will let you know by posting such changes to this page and/or by posting notification of change to our website homepage.
Email Newsletters Opt Out and Unsubscribe
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products and/or services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products and/or services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above ‘Reasons we use the personal information that we gather from you’). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
You have the option at any time to subscribe to or unsubscribe from our promotional information by:
- contacting us at [insert contact details for marketing opt-out]
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
updating your marketing preferences on our [insert link to preference centre].
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
The Data Compliance Officer,
Rocksolid Granit (Europe) Ltd
Unit 28 Decimus Park
Kent TN2 3GP