Explore in style… make-over your caravan, camper van or mobile home
Posted on 25th August 2021
There’s no doubt about it… 2021 has most definitely been the year of the ‘staycation’. Even at this time when we find ourselves mid-summer – Covid19 travel restrictions, quarantines and tests have led many to stay home and visit either their favourite local destinations or get their exploring hats on and venture to new places within the UK.
Demand for camper vans, mobile homes and caravans is at an all-time high – and so for those that have them already, but they’re perhaps looking a bit tired and old fashioned, rather than scrapping them and starting again, there’s always the opportunity to consider some ‘mobile home’ improvements.
With the usual Indian summery September, crisp October, and colourful November on the way, we still have some beautiful autumn days coming up. Away from the school holiday crowds, it’s often a great time to take a relaxing break. Whether that’s to get on the road with your caravan or camper van – or create a get-away chalet in your own garden.
At Granite and TREND Transformations many of our showrooms around the country have been busier than ever with kitchen and bathroom refurbishments. And many have said that home improvements aren’t just taking place in the home anymore.
The appeal of our resurfacing services using our’ top that fits on top’ installation solution, means that we can quickly refresh your kitchen or bathroom without any unnecessary ‘down time’, mess or disruption – whether it’s in the home or in your camper van, caravan, or even your outdoor office or shed.
Exploring in style…
If you’ve decided to head off on a road trip this year, or next – then you’ll want to ensure you have all the key home comforts of a fresh shower room and a stylish and well-equipped kitchen in hand. In fact, from our experience, storage space and convenience in a smaller kitchen is more important than ever – and in our range of doors and cupboard spaces, we’re able to help you optimise your space to help you make the most of even the smallest of spaces.
With your vehicle all fresh and refurbed, quickly and without any hassle (it genuinely can take as little as one day to refit), then the next question is – where to go?
Of course, you may have a favourite destination, perhaps a childhood favourite – or you may be looking for inspiration? If so… here are our Top 5 road trip ideas.
- Village hopping in the Cotswolds – What’s not to love about the Cotswolds. An area of natural outstanding beauty, you are surrounded by beautiful landscapes, plenty of interesting history and of course, the most quint essential British villages you can encounter (with tea and scone shops a plenty). There are so many villages to visit – and many have ‘village fetes and festivals’ – whether cider, cheese or folk festivals are your thing – or you wish to avoid the crowds!
- Lake hopping in the Lake District – Give yourself the time to soak up the history and beauty of this wild northern mountainous and majestic landscape. Did you know that there are over 30 lakes to explore in the Lake District? Of course, you can’t skip out on seeing the picture postcard resort of Lake Windermere, the largest lake – highly recommend you take a boat trip around the lake to take in the vastness of the surrounding beauty
- Wander in wonderful Wales – Perfect country for a road trip. The views from the roads are spectacular, and you’re often the only vehicle you can see for miles! The Mid Wales Coastline, the Ceredigian Coast – is an unexplored gem of a coastline – there are many areas of natural beauty, mountain top lakes, big skies, waterfalls and incredible stretches of natural trust beaches. Whilst you’ll see many sheep in the mountains – along the coast line, expect to spot dolphins and seals.
- The North Coast 500 – This much talked about route is fast becoming as popular and explored as ‘Route 66’. The ultimate road trip across the rugged and unspoilt coastline of Scotland – showcasing fairy-tale castles, white sand beaches and many historical ruins. An absolute feast for the adventurous soul.
- Awe inspiring Atlantic Highway – Devon and Cornwall are popular holiday destinations and the A39 is one of the longest roads in the South West of England connecting Bath to Falmouth. This ‘Atlantic Highway’ offers you breathtaking views of the Atlantic together with a range of quaint and bustling villages and towns – Barnstable, Newquay, Bude, Camelford, Wadebridge.. the list could go on. Whether you’re looking to stop and spend time at the beach – or do some walking or cycling trails – there really is something for everyone.
So, whether you’re looking to take to the road this year or next, remember that rather than scrapping what you have and starting again, our kitchen and bathroom makeovers aren’t just for houses – your camper van, mobile home or caravan can have a total refresh too!
Enjoy the adventure…
Janet and the Granite and TREND Transformation Team