What Kitchen Personality Are You? The Neat Freak
- 4 minute read
- Aug 21st, 2023
The kitchen is the heart of every home, and just like people, it has its own personality. If you are someone who values organisation, cleanliness, and precision in the culinary realm, you might just be a kitchen neat freak! A neat freak’s kitchen is a place of harmony and devoid of clutter. Every item has its designated spot, cleanliness is paramount, and waste is disposed of mindfully. In this blog, we’ll explore a few essential aspects of a neat freak’s kitchen and how we at Granite & TREND Transformations can help you fully embrace your love of neatness.
A neat freak’s kitchen is characterised by clutter-free worktops and a well-organised storage system. Here are some storage options to keep things in order:
- Cabinets: We offer replacement cabinets to revamp your storage space. Do you have an empty corner that is not being used? We can optimise your space by adding full extending drawers in cupboards or tall larder units can be made more efficient by utilising sliding panels and carousels. Perfect for putting otherwise wasted space to good use, as well as giving you easy access to what you need, whenever you need it.
- Decent Drawers: Drawers offer maximum use of space and are ideal for keeping cookware, dishes, and even pots and pans in place. Deep drawers offer the ideal space to keep items organised and secure. Since drawers can be pulled out all the way, they allow you to see everything inside, so no more items getting lost in the back of a dark shelf!
- Pantry Perfection: You don’t have one yet? No problem, we can add one for you. Embrace the concept of a pantry, whether big or small. Our innovative solutions are designed to fit your requirements exactly, and to add maximum storage without taking away the aesthetics of your space – or even changing its layout.
- Vertical Solutions: Wall unit doors can be equipped with a variety of lift opening systems ensuring there’s easy access and no danger of bumping your head. For the ultimate indulgence, we can even install an electrically assisted system so that cabinets open at a single touch and close at the press of a switch, giving your cabinets a handle-free look that is sure to impress.
A neat freak’s kitchen is not just about aesthetics; it’s about maintaining a clean and hygienic workspace. Here’s how to achieve it:
- Are your worktops working hard enough? Our surfaces have built-in antimicrobial technology from Microban® that inhibit the growth of bacteria 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Our worktops not only look fabulous, but they are built for the busiest of lifestyles. Did you know all our etherium® By E-Stone surfaces are resistant to heat, stains, scratches, mould and mildew? Now that’s a worktop that is easy to keep clean and hygienic.
- Keep It Organised: Assign specific zones for food preparation, cooking, and cleaning. This way, you minimise cross-contamination risks and streamline your kitchen workflow.
- Invest in Quality Cleaning Tools: High-quality sponges, brushes, and microfibre cloths are essential for a neat freak’s kitchen. Replace them regularly to maintain cleanliness effectively. Opt for alternatives to plastic – thinking longevity and style, as well as functionality; bamboo, hemp, loofah alternatives all offer a more sustainable and high-quality functionality (and look cool too).
The sink area is a focal point of any kitchen, and a neat freak pays special attention to this space. Consider these sink styles:
- Undermount Sink: An undermount sink provides a seamless transition from the worktop, making it easier to clean spills and crumbs directly into the sink.
- Single-Bowl Sink: A single-bowl sink offers more space for washing large pots and pans. It keeps the focus on one central cleaning area, making it easier to maintain.
- Double-Bowl Sink: Allows a dedicated space for food washing or rinsing plates away from the main sink. Ideal for the larger household.
- Touchless Tap: A touchless tap is a great addition to a neat freak’s kitchen, as it helps maintain hygiene by avoiding cross-contamination from dirty hands.
For a neat freak, waste disposal is a well-thought-out process that minimises mess and promotes sustainability.
- Recycling Bins: Invest in separate recycling bins with lids to keep odours at bay and maintain a clean appearance. We can install these inside your cabinets for a streamlined look.
- Composting System: Composting is an eco-friendly way to dispose of kitchen scraps. Consider having a composting bin in your kitchen or garden. This not only reduces waste but also provides nutrient-rich compost for your garden.
- Mindful Disposal: Embrace the habit of mindful waste disposal. Before discarding anything, consider if it can be repurposed or recycled. Reduce single-use plastics and opt for reusable containers and bags.